Identify and create compound predicate sentences with this standards based, teacher/parent guided, ELA lesson.
• Learn to identify compound predicates in a sentence
• Merge two sentences into one by combining predicates that share a subject
• Use a phrase bank to create sentences with compound predicates
• instructional animation
• practice examples assessment
• silly sentences generator
INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS & EDUCATORS (USA)
Learning Objectives: Identify and create compound predicate sentences
Grade Level(s): 1, 2, 3, 4
(Dependent on student level)
Common Core Standards
L.1.1.j Produce and expand complete simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences in response to prompts.
L.2.1.f Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences (e.g., The boy watched the movie; The little boy watched the movie; The action movie was watched by the little boy ).