Practice subtracting using picture with this teacher/parent guided, standards aligned lesson. Picture Subtraction for beginning math! Great for the classroom or at home.
• Count objects in a group and subtract from the total
• Use a number line to subtract objects from a group
• Create groups of sets and subtract objects by counting and by using a number line
• Lesson video/animation that shows an example of picture addition
• 2 level assessment with score tracking
• Several practice examples with score tracking
• Teacher/parent guided create your own examples
INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS & EDUCATORS (USA)
Learning Objectives: Learn beginning subtraction concepts
Grade Level(s): PK, K, 1
(Dependent on student level)
Common Core Standards
K.CC.4b Understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted. The number of objects is the same regardless of their arrangement or the order in which they were counted.
K.CC.4c Understand that each successive number name refers to a quantity that is one larger.
K.CC.5 Count to answer "how many?" questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1 to 20, count out that many objects.
K.CC.7 Compare two numbers between 1 and 10 presented as written numerals.
K.OA.1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings2, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
K.OA.2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
K.OA.3 Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).
K.OA.5 Fluently add and subtract within 5.